If you are going to get Botox injections, it is important to know the Dos And Don’ts After Botox for better results, we will share them all along with other details in this article so stay with us till the end!
Botox injections use onobotulinumtoxin which is a neurotoxin produced by bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. It is considered safe to use in Botox faster injections in a diluted form that helps in preventing muscles from contracting to reduce wrinkles.
Botox injections are commonly used to treat wrinkles but it has been proven to be really effective in the treatment of chronic migraine, overactive bladder, lazy eye, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), and cervical dystonia (neck spasms). For whatever reason, you get Botox, what not to do after botox is a must thing to know so keep reading to find out!
What are the Dos And Don’ts After Botox?
For the effective results of Botox treatment, there are certain things to keep in mind which are given below:
Dos after getting Botox Injections:
- After getting the procedure done, you have to stay up for at least the first 4 hours as laying down right after could result in unwanted protein spread.
- You have to wait for a day or two to go for your regular exercise routine, it is important to follow your doctor’s advice.
- Stay away from other physical activities that happen to increase the flow of blood in your body, otherwise, the effectiveness of the process would be reduced, and you might get bruises as well.
- Another thing to note in the Dos And Don’ts After Botox is doing facial exercises like frowning, smiling, raising eyebrows and other movements told by your doctor. It also helps in enhancing the effectiveness of treatment.
- You have to go everywhere without applying any kind of makeup product including primers, foundations, tints, lipsticks, eye shades, and other similar things for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- The next thing to do which is quite important is to ask your doctor about medications because some of them can cause trouble after the Botox procedure so always clear this thing before leaving the clinic.
Don’ts after getting Botox Injections:
- The Dos And Don’ts After Botox are important to learn and now that you know what you must do, it’s time to check what you should avoid, and the first thing is to avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours.
- After receiving treatment, refrain from touching or rubbing your face for at least 24 to 48 hours, or as directed by your doctor. The same thing holds true for any other areas of your body where you have had Botox injections.
- Do not go for any kind of facial massage for at least a week, it is better to cancel your appointments than get bruises. The treatments you should avoid might include facials, exfoliating scrubs, dermal fillers, and others as you won’t be able to get the perfect results from Botox.
- Avoid sleeping on the injected areas; keeping the area free of any physical pressure can assist the Botox to settle into your muscles and reduce physical pressure.
- Do not lie down after 4 to 5 hours of Botox treatment as it will affect the procedure negatively.
- For at least five hours following the treatment, avoid being in the sun because the heat might produce flushing and raise blood pressure, both of which can result in bruising. For a day or two, try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
- Avoid hot baths, hot showers, saunas, and other similar procedures because all these things would affect negatively and will reduce the effectiveness of treatment.
- It is also important to ask your doctor about what not to do after botox and follow the ‘Dos And Don’ts After Botox’ instructions given by him.
The Dos And Don’ts After Botox treatment given above are important to note and follow if you want perfect results from Botox. We have provided all the instructions in detail and hope that you found this article useful. Share this valuable information with your family and friends as well!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can you not do after receiving Botox?
For the 4 to 5 hours of getting the treatment done, do not lie down on your sides or even on your back. Furthermore, avoid going for saunas as the heat could be harmful to your skin.
What should I do after Botox for best results?
Follow your doctor’s recommendations and avoid touching or rubbing the treated area if you want the best possible Botox outcomes. Avoid strenuous exercise and traveling. For a while, it is advisable to keep the treated area unattended.